The Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Youth Initiative (SDSN Youth) is pleased to invite young urban leaders across the globe to join the 2020 cohort of its Local Pathways Fellowship program.
The program targets young leaders who are passionate about sustainable urban development under the auspices of SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities.
Each year the fellowship, which is one of the world’s leading training and research programs on SDG 11, brings together a network of more than sixty young leaders, urban planners, researchers, innovators and sustainability practitioners from more than fifty cities around the world to engage in dialogue, collaborate and solve problems around SDG 11. It offers a practical training program to enable young fellows to ‘localize’ SDG 11 in their communities.
The application deadline is 15 December 2019. The selected fellows will be notified on 25 January 2020.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be between 18 and 30 years old (exceptions may apply);
- Be based in the same city throughout the Fellowship (January-November 2020);
- Be fluent in English and the local language of the city they represent;
- Demonstrate a commitment to and solid understanding of the concept of sustainable development;
- Must commit the minimum 5-7 hours each week;
- Have stable internet connection;
- Minimum one year professional or academic experience in development practice;
- A demonstrated background in research, development practice, advocacy or similar fields would be considered a strong asset.
To apply, visit www.localpathways.org
Meet previous program fellows and get inspired!
SDSN Youth is the youth initiative of the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), focused on empowering youth globally to create sustainable development solutions. SDSN Youth educates young people about the challenges of sustainable development and creates opportunities for them to use their creativity and knowledge to pioneer innovative solutions for the SDGs. SDSN Youth creates platforms for young people to connect, collaborate, and integrate their ideas and perspectives within the public policy field.
Originally posted 2022-08-29 19:27:32.