Deadline: May 14, 2021
2021 Nokia Bell Labs Prize for Innovators
Applications are open for the Nokia Bell Labs Prize 2021. Each year, the Bell Labs Prize recognizes game-changing innovations in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Geared toward innovative proposals that look to solve broader societal and humanistic challenges, the competition continues Nokia Bell Labs’ rich tradition of finding solutions to some of the greatest challenges facing the information and telecommunications industry.
Imagine the future and they will help you invent it with cash prizes that can help propel your idea forward. In addition, all three winners are considered for opportunities to work alongside Nokia Bell Labs researchers to further explore their ideas.
- Nokia Bell Labs awards a first prize of $100K, a second prize of $50K and a third prize of $25K, all paid directly to prize winners.
- All three winners are also considered for the unique opportunity to work within the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs to further explore their ideas, following the end of the competition.
This prize is open to all eligible applicants who register and submit proposals in the general areas of information and communications technologies. Teams of up to four members are allowed to participate, provided each member of the team meets the eligibility requirements.
- Own their ideas;
- Be 21 years of age or older;
- Possess a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree;
- Not be employed by Nokia or be a family member of Nokia employee;
- Reside in one of the following countries: United States, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada (except Quebec), China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom.
2021 Nokia Bell Labs Prize for Innovators Application
The deadline to enter the contest is May 14, 2021. From the hundreds of applications they receive, five to seven finalists are selected to compete for three prizes at an autumn event in November each year in front of a panel of renowned experts and industry leaders.