Deadline: October 7, 2019
Apply to take part in the African Union/CIEFFA Youth Capacity Building Workshop 2019 taking place in Accra, Ghana from 26 to 29 November 2019. Following the two previously organized capacity building workshops respectively held in Ethiopia and Tunisia; this year, the 3rd batch of the Workshop will take place under the theme: “Young Women’s Leadership to Advance Girls’ and Women’s Education in Africa”.
The workshop aims to bring together young women and men who will be representatives of the 5 regions of Africa. This 3rd Capacity Building workshop for African Youth will put special emphasis on specific objectives including the following:
- To inform and sensitize the youth on the state-of play of issue pertaining to girls’ and women’s education in the continent despite various efforts made by African countries.
- To understand the obstacles and barrier hindering girls to access and stay at school until she complete her higher education in order to address girls and women’s Education.
- To deepen their knowledge on gender stereotyping in studying and job sector usually affected more by boys and men such as the STEM, ICT, TVET Male-dominated jobs.
- To equip them with some advocacy tools such as the leadership, entrepreneurship, negotiation, public speaking as efficient weapons to facilitate their work within the community as girls ‘education’s Champions.
- To build a strong network of African young women and men sharing the same vision to change mindset on gender equality and equity in the educational system by 2063!
The African Union/International Centre for Girls’ and Women’s Education in Africa (AU/CIEFFA) is a specialized institution of the African Union since 2004, dealing with women’s and girls’ education following Decision Assembly/AU/DEC.44 (III). The centre is located in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
The participants will be selected through a call for applications open to all based on the selection criteria as follows:
- Young African (women and men) aged 21 to 35 year old;
- Young girls and men with educational/professional background or interest in one of the above-mentioned sector/field or in any other relevant field.
The shortlisting process will use the following calendar and dates.
Wednesday 18th September: Call for applications is opened for all;
Friday 7th October: Call is closed for the shortlisting process to start for a for two week period;
Friday 21st October: Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted to take part in the meeting.
Originally posted 2022-08-29 19:24:10.