Deadline: September 1st 2020
Call for Writers – Innovative Storytelling for South Africans
Have you ever heard of a WhatsApp Book?
Are you ready to experiment and collaborate on a multidisciplinary project?
All you need is a story!
IFAS is looking for an original idea for a story/scenario to be developed in order to create a WhatsApp Book.
The selected story project will be developed in collaboration with other artists of various fields (visual art, film, sound, theatre, digital art) during a creative residency that will take place in October 2020. Due to the COVID-19 crisis this collaborative residency will happen remotely and therefore participants from any region of South Africa can participate.
The successful applicant will see their project developed by a team of creatives under the mentoring of french multimedia production experts. The successful applicant will receive a compensation fee as well as a fee for the story copyright.
The WhatsApp Book will be presented to the public in November 2020 during the Novembre Numérique programme.
- have their work published at least once (book, newspaper, blog, TV series or film)
- be English-speaking,
- be South-African citizens or permanent residents
- be willing to work with digital mediums.
- open to collaboration and mentorship
- be available to develop the project during the month of October 2020.
Prospective writers must submit:
- a maximum one-page letter of motivation,
- a CV
- a script sample in English of no more than a combined 5 pages, preferably demonstrating an ability to write for teenagers in the action, comedy or romantic comedy genre.
- certificate of authenticity (click here to download the form)
→ Send all the documents to email@example.com with “Innovative Storytelling” as subject.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the IFAS Call for Writers – Innovative Storytelling
Originally posted 2022-08-29 19:36:55.