Connect Your NIN To Your SIM Cards (All Network)
Inline with the directive by the Honorable Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Ali Ibrahim (Pantami) to network operators regarding linking of NIN to all Sim Cards within two weeks, we have decided to create this post to help those who are yet to link their NIN to their sim card do so in order to avoid deactivation of their Sim.
How To Check If Your NIN Is Connected To Your SIM CARD
To check to know if your Sim Cards are connected to NIN or captured on your Sim registration, kindly try the following:
Dial *346# to retrieve your National Identification Number (NIN). Available on all Network.
If your NIN is captured on your SIM Registration, your 11 NIN number will pop-up after dialing the code above. If your NIN is not captured on your SIM Registration, you will not be able to retrieve your NIN by dialing the code. And you will need to get your NIN connected to your SIM Card to avoid deactivation.
Below are few steps to Connect Your NIN To Your SIM Cards :
- For MTN users, simply dial *785# and get it done in few seconds or Visit http://mtnonline.com/nim using your phone or computer
- Complete the NIN linking form by entering your name, phone number, NIN, and email address.
- Submit the form as soon as you’re done.
- Wait for feedback from the network.
To link your NIN to your Airtel phone number, follow the steps below:
1. Dial *121# on the Airtel line you wish to link.
2. Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.
3. Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
Wait for the message confirming your submission. If you get an error, just wait for some time and try again.
For Glo subscribers:
You can now link your National Identification Number (NIN) to your mobile number as a Glo subscriber. Simply send “UPDATENIN NIN FirstName and LastName’ to 109.