DOWNLOAD NSFAS APPEAL FORM 2022 (PDF )
In todays latest NSFAS News – National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) applicants that were unsuccessful in their 2022 funding application can now appeal the scheme’s decision.
The appeals process follows the two-week extension of NSFAS funding applications which ended last week.
However, if you have applied and have had your student funding application declined, you still have the option to lodge an appeal on your application. According to a statement released to higher learning institutions throughout the country, NSFAS appeals are now open will close on 23 February 2022.
NSFAS further stated that it has now been enhanced to enable more direct interaction with students during the appeals process. This feature was initially available to first-time applicants and has now been extended to returning students.
2022 NSFAS APPEAL FORM GUIDE
- Please complete all the details to enable the processing of your appeal. Incomplete appeal forms will not be considered.
- An appeal will only be considered if it meets the appeal criteria. The types of appeals are listed below under Appeal Category.
- NSFAS funding is governed by the DHET funding Rules and Guidelines, therefore appeals for postgraduate studies or unfunded programmes
cannot be considered.
- Appeals will be considered by the institutions Financial Aid Committee or designated committee for recommendation to NSFAS.
- Please write in capital letters and attach all relevant documentation (e.g. proof of loss of income, death certificate, medical records etc.)
How to Appeal NSFAS 2022
In order to appeal your NSFAS application, you must the NSFAS website, www.nsfas.org.za, and download a NSFAS appeal form.
Print out and fill out the form by hand. The form should be accompanied by a letter requesting the board to reconsider their decision not to give you financial aid.