Deadline: November 29th 2019, 11:59pm PST (Canada)
Canada, Québec not included as there are some specific partnership programs between Québec and France
In 2018, the Embassy of France in Canada implemented a two-way mobility program for researchers between France and Canada. That same year, Donna Strickland (University of Waterloo, Canada) and Gérard Mourou (Ecole polytechnique, CNRS – France) received the Nobel Prize in Physics, the highest scientific distinction.
This prize was awarded jointly to them for their collaborative work on lasers, and more specifically on “frequency drift amplification”. As the objective of the Embassy’s mobility program is to initiate scientific partnerships between French and Canadian teams, it seemed appropriate to refer, in its title, to these two prestigious researchers and their successful collaboration.
The Embassy of France in Canada thanks Professors Donna Strickland and Gérard Mourou for their patronage and we wish all the laureates of this call for application to follow their footsteps!
The title of this program refers to two physicists; however, it is open to all researchers regardless of their field of research.
- have obtained a permanent or tenure-track position for less than 10 years, which corresponds approximately and not exclusively to the 35-45 age group.
- be attached to a laboratory or department of a Canadian or French university or research centre.
- 1 round-trip economy-class flight Canada- France or France-Canada
- A contribution towards subsistence costs (maximum 3 daily allowances)
Please read the guidelines for researchers carefully before sending your application. Please send your application in 1 single PDF file: Application Form, letter of invitation from the host institution, short CV to:
For any information, same email address or Tel: +1 613-562-3794
* For more information on France-Québec programs, please visit the website of the French Consulate in Quebec City at http://quebec.consulfrance.org/-Sciences-et-Universite-172-
Originally posted 2022-08-29 19:27:11.