Deadline: January 8, 2021
Enter – Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021 for Undergraduate Nigerians
Applications are open for the Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021. Undergraduate students in tertiary institutions in Nigeria are invited to submit essays on the topic: Stigma, Mental Health literacy and the Nigerian Youth.
Ms Jemila Abubakar was the pioneer Project Manager of the Asido Foundation. She was an awesome treasure to have. In terms of commitment, creativity, passion, a strong desire to help other human beings. Sadly, they lost her after a brief illness in July 2020. The Asido Foundation plans to keep her memory alive through an Annual Essay Competition for undergraduates of all Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria. The theme will always be on a topical mental health issue.
About Asido Foundation
The Asido Foundation (AF) is a not-for-profit charity organization that seeks to counter the ocean of ignorance around mental health by providing evidence – based information, and engaging in advocacy and intervention activities aimed at improving the mental health needs of the Nigerian population.
- 1st Place: N60,000
- 2nd Place: N40,000
- 3rd Place: N25,000
Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021 Eligibility
- Open to students of Nigerian tertiary institutions only.
- Entries should range from 750 to a maximum of 1500 words.
- Send your entry in word document format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kindly attach your passport photograph, evidence of studentship.
- And your certificate of having taken the unashamed2020 pledge.
- In the e-mail please include your name, school, course of study/level and your contact details.
For more information: Visit the webpage for Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition