The Protection of Personal Information Act came into effect on 1 July 2021. False Bay TVET College consider the protection of your personal information to be of utmost importance and therefore need your consent to store and process your personal information. All applicants are therefore required to complete, sign and upload a personal information consent form. Applicants under the age of 18 will require a signature from a parent or guardian as well.
2. Applicants must visit the website and click on the APPLY NOW button.
3. Applicants are required to complete a 4-step application process during which the applicant must supply some personal information.
• Please note that applicants are required to supply an email address which will be used in communicating with applicants.
• It is important to indicate in your application whether or not you are applying for a bursary as this information will be used by the Bursary Office to contact applicants at a later stage of the application process.
4. The last step requires the applicant to load the following documents.
• Identity Document / Birth Certificate: if under 18 years / Passport number (if a foreign applicant)
• Most recent academic results
• Proof of Address
• Collection of personal information consent form
The applicant will be notified via email and SMS once successfully completing the 4 steps of the application process.
SELECTION OF APPLICANTS
• The College Selection Committee will at predetermined dates evaluate all applications received up to that point; based on the College admission policy and applicant’s academic results.
• Successful applicants will receive notification by means of an offer letter.
• The offer letter can be accessed via the Application Portal and must be accepted on the Application Portal.
• Offer letters will expire within 5 days from date of issue.
• Once applicants have accepted the offer letter, they will be issued with an addendum which needs to be completed and uploaded together with either proof of payment or bursary office approval notice via the Application Portal.
• On acceptance of offer letter, the Bursary Office will contact the applicants who indicated in their application that they are applying for a bursary. The Bursary Office will explain the process to be followed and documents required.
• These documents will be checked and verified by the relevant campus after which admission will be approved.
• Students will receive a notification that admission has been approved. This notice will also contain their student number and password to access the Student Portal.
• The Student Portal will enable the student to access academic, financial and biographical information.
It is important to note that due to the current COVID restrictions general access to the campuses are restricted to appointments only. Preferred communication will be via telephone or email.
Please use Google Chrome, FireFox, or other browsers, to submit your enquiry and or application. Please do not use Internet Explorer as it is not compatible with the online portal.
False Bay TVET College 2021-2022 Application Process
Originally posted 2022-08-29 20:00:25.