Deadline: 5pm on Friday 21 January 2022.
Greater Manchester Youth Combined Authority ( GMYCA) Program 2022-2024
Are you a young person in Greater Manchester? Do you have a passion for social change and do you want to influence the decision-making process in the city-region? If so, applications to join the Greater Manchester Youth Combined Authority (GMYCA) are now open and youth organisations are encouraged to apply!
In its first three years, GMYCA members have provided a powerful and influential voice for young people across the city-region, contributing to the development of policies, strategies and decisions on a number of issues.
Its purpose is to:
- Advise the Mayor and GMCA on key issues and concerns of young people, and provide solutions
- Provide a critical voice and scrutinise the work of the Mayor and GMCA
- Undertake specific pieces of work (previous examples include developing a free bus travel card for young people named Our Pass, and contributing youth voices to the Greater Manchester’s annual Climate Change Summits)
To find out more, including a list of the current membership, download the recruitment pack here:
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Organisations that work with young people aged between 11 and 19 (or up to 25 for those with additional needs)
- Who represent a diverse range of identities and backgrounds
- Work within Greater Manchester
Member organisations serve a two-year term which will begin in April 2022 through to March 2024.
Meetings are held monthly, on the second Thursday of every month.
To apply, complete the application form HERE
Preview a PDF version of the application here.
Originally posted 2022-08-29 20:05:24.