SASSA RSD applications process
Due to the number of requests for an SASSA grant, the website became too slow. SASSA decided to add additional channels for grant application.
How to apply for the R350 grant?
Application has been made easier by application online.
The process for applying for the SASSA RSD R350 grant is highlighted by steps below
- You can submit a manually signed application to an SASSA office in your neighbourhood. When you do, be prepared for a long wait in line.
- Applications for SASSAs can be submitted on the SASSA Facebook page.
- SMS the Whatsapp number provided
- To apply on the SASSA website, go to this page.
Application details for RDS
- Facebook link for SASSA application http://www.facebook.com/govchat.org
- Application via government chat website GovChat on http://govchat.app/login
- Use SASSA WhatsApp number to send application on 082 046 8553
- You can use SASSA USSD line on *134*7737#
SASSA SRD payment dates
As the payment dates for SASSA R350 are scheduled to begin on the last week of August, and as the payments are to continue each month thereafter, the payments for SASSA R350 will be delivered in August and September. Successful applicants will receive payment. There’s only one payment per month.
Check your SASSA RSD status
You can verify your South African Social Security Administration (SASSA) payday by using a USSD code. You need to have an airtime to check your SASSA status to make sure your ID details are correct. Use Moya or umoya application to see if you have money in your account. Click here to go to the “Money and Services” section.
The South African State Security Agency (SASSA) will supply food vouchers instead of food parcels.
“In this hour of national need, SASSA is asking people to remain calm as it works around the clock to restore this food relief programme countrywide.
We additionally request communities to keep in mind those who are vulnerable because they are the ones affected by this upheaval “Memela-Khambula of SASSA says, “SASSA CEO Busisiwe Memela-Khambula.”
Until the end of March 2022, and to eligible unemployed caregivers who currently receive a child support grant, R350 grant will continue to be paid out.
Citizens who meet certain requirements can apply for the R350 for State Socio-Economic Development (SRD) online to skip long queues and no forms to fill out. The application process is easy and free.
The organisation is geared toward assisting people who are unemployed during tough economic times.
Who can apply?
- Unemployed person
- Must be over 18 years
- Not receiving UIF
What do you need to apply
The requirements for Sassa application is highlighted below.
The documents that are needed to apply for SASSA money.
To qualify for the RSD SASSA application you need the documents below:
- Identity document
- Banking details
- Proof of resident
- Contact number
How long does it takes for SASSA rsd application to be approved
It can take between two and four weeks for an application to be processed.
More news from SASSA
- Sassa is providing more flexibility on the grant payment, you can now receive your payments at your favourate outlets.
- You can move your payment from one bank account to another bank account
- You can now use a cash send option but the cellphone must be registered under your name
- You can change your payment details on line