KDU Global – IUCEA Scholarships 2022
The application period for KDU Global – IUCEA Scholarships 2022 is now open for students from the IUCEA member countries (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda) to study in various English medium undergraduate degree programs at Kyungdong University (KDU) Global Campus – one of the leading international educational institutions in South Korea!
Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) is an institution of the East African Community (EAC) responsible for the coordination of higher educational development and research. One of the functions of IUCEA is to advise the EAC and the partner states on all matters regarding higher education including operationalization of EAC Common Higher Education Area. The mission of IUCEA is to encourage and develop mutually beneficial collaborations between and among the member universities, governments, and other organizations, both public and private.
The main purpose of KDU Global – IUCEA Scholarships is to promote sustainable and inclusive development in the EAC member countries by nurturing and delivering highly demanded professionals in the areas of business administration, hotel management and tourism, and computing technologies. Currently, over 50 students from the EAC nations are studying at KDU Global. KDU Global and IUCEA have jointly committed to expanding the GACC network throughout East Africa and exposing the talented youth of the communities to global opportunities.
KDU is a private university fully accredited by the Korean Ministry of Education and certified by International Education Quality Assurance System. KDU Global is located in Goseong (Gangwondo province) – one of the most beautiful touristic destinations in South Korea with exceptional natural surroundings. KDU Global has established and facilitates the worldwide network of Global Academic Collaboration Centers (GACC) offering thousands of students internationally competitive education and countless global opportunities based on a common academic platform.
II. Scholarship Description
- Target level: Undergraduate degree
- Majors offered: Smart Computing, Business Administration, Hotel Management
- Medium of instruction: English
- Duration: 4 years / 8 semesters subject to excellent academic performance each semester of study and complying with KDU Global internal rules and regulations (Over 95% of the previous IUCEA Scholarship recipients maintained an average mark over 80% (in a 100% scale) in each semester).
- Expected commencement: September 2022
- Number of scholarships: 30 (5 per EAC Partner States)
III. Scholarship Benefits:
The scholarship covers the followings:
- The full tuition fee of $10,000 per year for up to 4 years (by KDU Global).
- On-campus accommodation fee of $1,600 per year up to 4 years (by KDU Global)
- Return air ticket at the beginning and the end of every two years (by IUCEA)
- Health insurance support every month for 4 years (by IUCEA)
- Application processing and handling fee of $200 after selection (by IUCEA)
Students and their guardians/sponsors are liable for subsistence expenses estimated to be around $250 per month based on average students’ cost of living in South Korea.
IV. Entry Requirements
Applicants must meet the following general eligibility requirements:
- Citizen and resident of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda).
- Completion of the pre-university level of education in the home country in 2020 or 2021.
- Excellent academic performance records with a minimum of ‘B’ in all mathematics and English modules.
- Selected applicants are required to present a minimum of IELTS 5.5 or IBT 71 of English proficiency prior to their final admission to KDU Global. Applicants whose first language is English might be exempted from this requirement.
- No older than 22 years of age.
V. Selection Process
All applicants will be subjected to a merit-based two-stage selection process.
Stage I: IUCEA shall conduct the preliminary selection of candidates. Interested applicants must submit either electronic or hard copies of the following documents to the IUCEA Office in Kampala, Uganda:
- Complete the electronic form on this link http://forms.office.com/r/q3vxPTEgNY
- submit the hardcopy Application Form
For more Information: Visit the website for KDU Global – IUCEA Scholarships 2022
Originally posted 2022-08-29 20:16:15.