Deadline : 11 Jul 2019 23:55 South Africa Standard Time
Kumba is a successful African supplier of quality iron ore to global and local markets, and we continually endeavour to deliver superior value to our stakeholders. Kumba’s largest operations are located in the Northern Cape. After government, Kumba is the largest employer in the province.
Our people are our competitive advantage and we strive to create a meaningful and engaging workplace.
OPERATOR GRADE 2, TAILING DAMS, DMS CRUSHING AND FEED, KUMBA IRON ORE SISHEN MINE,
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• Undertake to the hauling of waste and spillage material to the allocated waste dumps
• Building and levelling of slime dams and waste dump arears according to specifications.
• Maintain the waste dump and slime dam levels, and inclines to the waste dump accordingly
• Berms are kept according the SOP standards
• Inspecting earth-moving equipment before sifting for functionality and safety
• Cleaning of the earth-moving equipment
• Provide assistance according to own level /area of competence and in accordance w ith company policies to the
Supervisor and co-workers w hen instructed or during the absence of the responsible person, to ensure achievement
of functional objectives
• Active participation in safety initiative i.e HPH and Sacred Covenant Code
• Ability to work in a team
• Information gathering and problem analysis
• A concern for excellence
• Interpersonal Skills and communication skills.
• Grade 12 /N3 OR NQF Level 4 essential
• Valid South African Driver’s License essential
• Articulated dump truck experience (Advantageous)
• Bulldozer & FEL experience (Advantageous)
• License on low beds & high ups Advantageous
• Grader experience (Advantageous)
• TLB experience (Advantageous)
• CAT 960 & 980 FEL (Advantageous)
• Good service record w ill serve as a recommendation.
• The initial salary will be determined in accordance with Kumba Iron Ore Ltd. regulations.
• This position is an Anglo Band 9 role (P6).
Incomplete applications w ill not be considered. Applications will not be considered without the attachment of valid
copies of qualifications and/or licences required as indicated in the job requirements for this role . Kumba Iron Ore
shall apply the affirmative action principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity policy.
Kumba Iron Ore employees must attach a signed K009 form with their application, any application submitted
without the signed K009 form will not be considered.
For more Information : Visit Source
Originally posted 2022-08-29 19:20:47.