Latest News About SASSA Grants Today 12th April
latest news about sassa grants – Thousands of Sassa grant recipients eligible for the R350 grant during the first cycle of the SRD grant have still not collected their payment. Additionally, more than 442 000 beneficiaries from the second cycle of the grant, between August 2021 and March 2022, have also not claimed their money.
The Department of Social Development has said that eligible recipients can still do so.
Speaking during a television interview, Sassa Spokesperson, Paseka Letsatsi said that there are approximately 330 000 R350 grant recipients who are yet to collect their grant payments from the previous cycle.
Letsatsi adds that part of the reason for the backlog is that there was a period during which Sassa halted the SRD grant prior to the beginning of the previous cycle. He further states that in some circumstances beneficiaries may have lost or changed their numbers.
Sassa has also noted that beneficiaries also tend to exclude their bank account numbers when applying for the SRD grant, in an effort to hide their transaction history.
In the case of people who may have applied for the grant but started receiving payments a few months after their application was approved, Sassa conducts its verification process on a monthly basis.
The spokesperson has also assured beneficiaries that they should contact Sassa with regards to any query they may have in relation to their grant payments using the contacts listed below:
- KwaZulu Natal – 033 846 3400
- Gauteng – 011 241 8320
- North West – 018 397 3333/0350
- Cape Town – 021 469 0235
- Limpopo – 015 291 7499/ 015 291 7415/ 015 291 7505
- Free State – 051 410 8339
- Eastern Cape – 043 707 6335
- Mpumalanga – 013 754 9462
- Northern Cape – 051 802 4900
You can also apply for the grant using any of the methods listed below:
- SASSA website – http://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553 (send a Whatsapp message to this number. Make sure to include your name, surname, and ID number in the Whatsapp message. You will then receive a message which will detail the next steps you need to follow.)
- USSD line: Dial *134*7737# and follow the prompts
- GovChat: http://govchat.app/login
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/govchat.org
Originally posted 2022-08-29 20:40:14.