NSFAS Track Application Status 2022: How to Check NSFAS Status 2022
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act (Act 56 of 1999) and incorporated TEFSA (Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa). From 1993 to 2000, TEFSA was the primary non-profit company in terms of Section 21 of the Companies Act and ceased to operate in July 2000. All existing loans on the TEFSA books were transferred to NSFAS.
Financial Aid or Assistance
The NSFAS Act enables any student to apply for a bursary from NSFAS but allows the board to impose conditions, generally, or in respect of a particular loan or bursary. Such conditions include the use of the means test and the loan conversion of up to 40 percent of any loan as an incentive for academic success.
It provides for payment by NSFAS of the amount of the loan or bursary “to the designated higher education institution”, rather than to the applicant. It also allows NSFAS to enter into what is in effect an agency agreement with higher education institutions (HEIs) or further education and training (FET) colleges.
When is NSFAS Opening for Applications 2023?
When to Apply: NSFAS Application for 2023 will be opening on 2 November and closing on 21 January 2023. No Late Application for 2023.
My NSFAS Status Check 2022
In order to check the status of your 2022 NSFAS application, the applicant must
- visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za.
- Click on the MyNSFAS account at the top-right of NSFAS website
- Log in with your ID and the password you created during your application
- Then, click on “Track Funding Progress” to check NSFAS Status 2022
NSFAS Track Application Status 2022
If you want to log in to your account details, you can do this too. Whatever your reason is for making these changes, here are the steps to follow:
- First, visit the MyNSFAS student portal.
- To log in, input your username, password, then click on SIGN IN.
- Once you get in, click on My Personal Details.
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2022
If you would like to apply for NSFAS 2022, follow the steps outlined below:
- You have to visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.
Originally posted 2022-08-29 20:10:47.