Deadline: 30th June 2022
SARAO Graduate Programme 2023 Recruitment for South Africans
APPLY FOR A SARAO GRADUATE PROGRAMME STARTING IN JAN 2023. The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory, which includes the MeerKAT and the African SKA programme, is now recruiting bright and enthusiastic Engineering and Science-Honours graduates for its graduate programme
The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) spearheads South Africa’s activities in the Square Kilometre Array Radio Telescope, commonly known as the SKA, in engineering, science and construction.
SARAO is a National Facility managed by the National Research Foundation and incorporates radio astronomy instruments and programmes such as the MeerKAT and KAT-7 telescopes in the Karoo, the Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory (HartRAO) in Gauteng, the African Very Long Baseline Interferometry (AVN) programme in nine African countries, as well as the associated human capital development and commercialisation endeavours.
The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory, which includes the MeerKAT and the African SKA programme, is now recruiting bright and enthusiastic Engineering and Science honours graduates for its graduate programme.
South African citizens and permanent residents, who are in the final year of
- a Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering or Computer Engineering or Electronic Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronic Engineering.
- a Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering (Urban Engineering or Construction Management) or Computer Engineering or Electronic Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Mechatronic Engineering.
- a Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Science Engineering in Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering
- a Bachelor of Computer Science Honours
- Experience in reduction and analysis of radio astronomy data
- One or more publication(s) in peer-reviewed journals in physics or astronomy
- Some experience with modern data reduction packages
- Communicate complex information clearly
How To Apply for SARAO Graduate Programme 2023 Recruitment for South Africans
Short-listed candidates will be assessed through an online assessment, in August 2022.
This assessment forms part of the selection process. Dates for the assessment will be communicated to short-listed candidates, and are nonnegotiable.
Successful graduate interns will be based in Cape Town, for a period of 3 years, starting in approximately January 2023.
Successful graduate interns may complete a Masters degree (part-time) during their 3-year internship.
All applications are submitted via the website: Google Forms: Sign-in
Fill in all fields and ensure you upload the required documentation. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Click Here for detailed information.