Students interested in studying at a South African university may begin applying. A number of tertiary institutions have opened their applications process.
Applications for the 2023 academic year have begun at a number of South African universities. Here are a few of the universities which are open to applications.
Applications are currently open. Rhodes University offers general formative degrees which provide students with in-depth knowledge and skills across two disciplinary areas. Which allows students to work across a wide range of careers.
Students have until 30 November 2022 to apply for courses. However, they are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as certain degrees have a limited number of places available.
Tshwane University of Technology
The university has opened its applications for the 2023 academic year. More than 400 career options are offered at the university, which attracts more than 60 000 students annually.
Students interested in studying at the university also have the option of applying for Distance Education courses. Distance Education offers Diplomas in the Department of Safety and Security, which offers Policing and Traffic courses.
The university provides students with undergraduate degrees, postgraduate degrees, diplomas, short courses, part-time courses and online courses.
Applications are currently open and will close on 30 June 2022 for the Faculty of Health Sciences, Bachelor of Architecture, Bachelor of Audiology, Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology, and BA Film and TV.
Applications for the rest of the programmes will close on 30 September 2022.
University of Limpopo
Online applications for the 2023 academic year are currently open. MBChB programmes’ applications are set to close on 29 July 2022. The rest of the applications will close on 30 September 2022.
The university aims to be the leading African University focused on the developmental needs of its communities and epitomising academic excellence and innovativeness.
These universities will open their application process on the following dates:
- University of Cape Town: 1 April
- University of Fort Hare: 1 June
- Walter Sisulu University: May
- Central University of Technology: June/July
- University of the Free State: 1 April
- University of Pretoria: 1 April
- Unisa: August/September
- Nelson Mandela University: 4 April
- Vaal University of Technology: June
- University of Johannesburg: 1 April
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University: 25 April
- Durban Institute of Technology: 1 April
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology: April/May
- University of KwaZulu Natal: 1 April
- Mangosuthu University of Technology: 1 April
- University of Zululand: 1 April
- University of Venda: July
- North-West University: 1 April
- Stellenbosch University: 4 April
- University of the Western Cape: 14 May
- University of Mpumalanga:1 June
- Sol Plaatje University: 1 April
When applying it is important to know what the university offers, its admission criteria and how to apply.
Please note that university application closing dates vary depending on the programme so be sure to keep a close eye on their websites.